correct multiplier for a PIV 2.6HT

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
yea can i get the default fsb and mulitplier speed for this computer thx...=). the reason i ask this is becauze im at my gf place and i myself is an AMD user and if my presumtion is right, this computer is running at half of the speed? look at the screenshot below... i have used cpuid to check and i am right. Im just not sure maybe the 1.3 showing thet other HT e.g. cpu 1 is running at 2.6 whilst the second logical cpu is running at 1.3.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 144
no, that is reading the chip id correctly, however, it is underclocked. check a couple times, it may just be misreading, otherwise make sure that the bios, everything is set to auto.

so is it underclocked by half then? i cant set to an auto seting at default. I have an Aopen motherboard. The fsb was at 100 x 13 = 1300. i have changed the fsb to 133 to get a 1737, but the multiplier is locked. If im not mistaken, in order to get a 2600, i need to get a multiplier of 19.5? how do i change that? is there a setting that disables the muliplier?

The 2.6ghrz P4 has 533FSB. So would that be 133 for the multiplier? or would it be 266? :)

I'm not an Intel user but that's how the Athlon XP's work. If you want 333FSB for a barton you set the multiplier to 166. Or if you want a 400FSB barton, you set the multiplier to 200.

hmm still no reply? i dont know either, im an AMD user...Intel users pls come....promisse not to diss you guys again...eeks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back