• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Context Menu

L

LoctOut

I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to change the arrangement of items in the context menu, and to remove the seperators?

For example, I'd like to put the various scanners together, group the file compressors etc

the attachment shows what I have

R

Ramanuman

If you find it, please tell me.
Nothing in the help file's menu indicates, as far as I can see, how to do things like that...

yoyo

The folder context menu consists of elements taken from different sources. They are displayed in this order.

In the first section items taken from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
followed by items taken from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell

The items after the first seperator are taken from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

The next sections are items from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

The send to is taken from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

The rest and the basic structure of the menu is written to
shell32.dll menu 210 and 211 (properties).

Seems it is not possible so far to resource hack these menus in shell32.dll. Every change breaks an item somewhere else, be it the status bar or what not. So no chance to remove the seperators.
Only thing you could try is to move your context menu items between the different sections described above. Not a too easy job.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar