Context Menu

L

LoctOut

I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to change the arrangement of items in the context menu, and to remove the seperators?

For example, I'd like to put the various scanners together, group the file compressors etc

the attachment shows what I have

I dont understand how to use ContextEdit. I have it open, now what am i soppose to do?

If you find it, please tell me.
Nothing in the help file's menu indicates, as far as I can see, how to do things like that...

The folder context menu consists of elements taken from different sources. They are displayed in this order.

In the first section items taken from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
followed by items taken from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell

The items after the first seperator are taken from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

The next sections are items from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

The send to is taken from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

The rest and the basic structure of the menu is written to
shell32.dll menu 210 and 211 (properties).

Seems it is not possible so far to resource hack these menus in shell32.dll. Every change breaks an item somewhere else, be it the status bar or what not. So no chance to remove the seperators.
Only thing you could try is to move your context menu items between the different sections described above. Not a too easy job.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back