• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Concurrent Remote Desktop Sessions

mushuboy

OSNN One Post Wonder
I simply want to allow the Host workstation's Desktop not to logoff while the remote (me) workstation logs in. I would like have Remote Desk perform like WinVNC. I know about Remote Assistance but want to use Remote Desktop. I also wish to use only programs and support provided in a standard XP install. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
Also, I realize this is your first post on OSNN (welcome!), but please try to use the search function prior to posting a question.. a search for "Concurrent Remote Desktop Sessions" (the title of your thread) would have provided 2 results.. the first of which is the thread I referenced.

Again.. welcome to OSNN.. may your stay be filled with increasing knowledge. Just beware of the Tittles.. (no offense TittleBitties) ;) :p

mushuboy

OSNN One Post Wonder
Concurrent Remote Desktop contin..

I was directed to this tread from another forum and did a search on your forum. It did not return the question/answer I was seeking. I simply want to allow the a Host workstation's desktop not to logoff when a Remote workstation logs in. I would like have Remote Desktop perform like WinVNC. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance

i use remote desktop almost every day. it is not possible to have mutiple sessions running on the same box. and also, if you remote into a rig, then try going from that one to another one on the same network, remote desktop will crash. pca works well, but will also not allow multiple connections to 1 computer.

interesting, because when i try, it crashes.

to clarify, when i remote to a machine and try to start a remote session to another computer from that machine, i crash. i haven't tried starting 2 sessions on the same computer to 2 other computers - that would seem like it would work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage