Concurrent Remote Desktop Sessions

mushuboy

OSNN Newbie
I simply want to allow the Host workstation's Desktop not to logoff while the remote (me) workstation logs in. I would like have Remote Desk perform like WinVNC. I know about Remote Assistance but want to use Remote Desktop. I also wish to use only programs and support provided in a standard XP install. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance

Also, I realize this is your first post on OSNN (welcome!), but please try to use the search function prior to posting a question.. a search for "Concurrent Remote Desktop Sessions" (the title of your thread) would have provided 2 results.. the first of which is the thread I referenced.

Again.. welcome to OSNN.. may your stay be filled with increasing knowledge. Just beware of the Tittles.. (no offense TittleBitties) ;) :p

Concurrent Remote Desktop contin..

I was directed to this tread from another forum and did a search on your forum. It did not return the question/answer I was seeking. I simply want to allow the a Host workstation's desktop not to logoff when a Remote workstation logs in. I would like have Remote Desktop perform like WinVNC. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance

i use remote desktop almost every day. it is not possible to have mutiple sessions running on the same box. and also, if you remote into a rig, then try going from that one to another one on the same network, remote desktop will crash. pca works well, but will also not allow multiple connections to 1 computer.

koko said:
it is not possible to have mutiple sessions running on the same box.
read post 2 ;) youl find your 100% wrong:p

interesting, because when i try, it crashes.

to clarify, when i remote to a machine and try to start a remote session to another computer from that machine, i crash. i haven't tried starting 2 sessions on the same computer to 2 other computers - that would seem like it would work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back