• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Computer Restarting

Richy

Beyond All Comprehension.
Hey everyone, I was just having some problems with my comp restarting by itself. This has been happening for a long time, and I just can't figure what it is. I have no virus' or anything, so im not sure what to do. Does anyone know what this problem might be and how I can fix it? Thanks.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
no idea what it might be - does it do this when not in use whatsoever? I would check your BIOS settings and also look into the option that says to restart automagically on a problem - chances are there is an error being concealed by that, it is in the computer management somewhere (I forget where, but I suspect you can find it or search forum to get it)

[edit] just came across this post - gives you exactly what I was referring to! :cool: Thanks AZ![/edit]

Last edited:

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
could also check your event logs after the reboot to see if anything in there gives you a clue as to what went wrong.

Could possibly be a heat issue as well (although usually a overheated system will just hang instead of reboot)..

jbourque_99

OSNN One Post Wonder
spontaneous re-booting is often a sign of memory chips failing. Try taking your chips out one at a time and rebooting, or moving the chips and re-seating them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doertilog