Computer Restarting

Richy

Beyond All Comprehension.
Hey everyone, I was just having some problems with my comp restarting by itself. This has been happening for a long time, and I just can't figure what it is. I have no virus' or anything, so im not sure what to do. Does anyone know what this problem might be and how I can fix it? Thanks.

no idea what it might be - does it do this when not in use whatsoever? I would check your BIOS settings and also look into the option that says to restart automagically on a problem - chances are there is an error being concealed by that, it is in the computer management somewhere (I forget where, but I suspect you can find it or search forum to get it)

[edit] just came across this post - gives you exactly what I was referring to! :cool: Thanks AZ![/edit]

Last edited:
could also check your event logs after the reboot to see if anything in there gives you a clue as to what went wrong.

Could possibly be a heat issue as well (although usually a overheated system will just hang instead of reboot)..

its in system properties/advanced/startup and recovery

Maybe a heat issue? Open your rig and clean it, making sure all fans are spinning.

spontaneous re-booting is often a sign of memory chips failing. Try taking your chips out one at a time and rebooting, or moving the chips and re-seating them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back