Computer Icon

yoyo

You can modify it using Resource Hacker. Then usual procedure when replacing system files. The picture is in C:\Windows\System32\sysdm.cpl.

yoyo

To the second question, how to change the icons of the MyPictures, MyMusic,... folders. The easiest way,if you don't want to use iconchanging programs, is to edit the desktop.ini files, hidden files inside the folders. You can open them in notepad, then change the lines that start with IconFile= and IconIndex= or if they are not there add them.
Example:
change
IconFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\mydocs.dll
IconIndex=-101
to
IconFile=C:\Your\Path\youricon.ico
IconIndex=-0

This will change the icon in Explorer, not in Start menu.

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
The changing of MyMusic Folders and the like is done with Apps like MicroAngelo and things like that. You can also change some of the Folder Icons using something in the folder properties, I cant remember exactly what it is as I int at my XP machine at the mo.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Originally posted by yoyo
To the second question, how to change the icons of the MyPictures, MyMusic,... folders. The easiest way,if you don't want to use iconchanging programs, is to edit the desktop.ini files, hidden files inside the folders. You can open them in notepad, then change the lines that start with IconFile= and IconIndex= or if they are not there add them.
Example:
change
IconFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\mydocs.dll
IconIndex=-101
to
IconFile=C:\Your\Path\youricon.ico
IconIndex=-0

This will change the icon in Explorer, not in Start menu.
That's cool, I never you you could change them that way...great tip! :D

Beginning

I'm Beginning Somehow...
Yeah..... the bottom picture I added myself... The top one you can change with ' Resourse Hacker ' .... But for some reason I could make the top one stick before but now that I have Sp1 installed I can't anymore.... Crazy windows file protection I imagine.. :huh: :huh:

yoyo

Beginning, the backup copy of sysdm.cpl used by System File Protection is no longer in dllcache but in Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386, if you have applied SP1 in any other way than slipstreamed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut