Computer Icon

N

Not Bman

How do i change this icon, the computer icon when you go here....

I know iv seen it done!

Plus how do i change the folder icons for the folders windows makes, like My Music, ect??

I'v seen that icon changed also. I would like to know how to do it aswell.

You can modify it using Resource Hacker. Then usual procedure when replacing system files. The picture is in C:\Windows\System32\sysdm.cpl.

To the second question, how to change the icons of the MyPictures, MyMusic,... folders. The easiest way,if you don't want to use iconchanging programs, is to edit the desktop.ini files, hidden files inside the folders. You can open them in notepad, then change the lines that start with IconFile= and IconIndex= or if they are not there add them.
Example:
change
IconFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\mydocs.dll
IconIndex=-101
to
IconFile=C:\Your\Path\youricon.ico
IconIndex=-0

This will change the icon in Explorer, not in Start menu.

The bottom picture is a modified oemlogo.bmp. The one above is, as I said above, a resource hacker job.

The changing of MyMusic Folders and the like is done with Apps like MicroAngelo and things like that. You can also change some of the Folder Icons using something in the folder properties, I cant remember exactly what it is as I int at my XP machine at the mo.

Originally posted by yoyo
To the second question, how to change the icons of the MyPictures, MyMusic,... folders. The easiest way,if you don't want to use iconchanging programs, is to edit the desktop.ini files, hidden files inside the folders. You can open them in notepad, then change the lines that start with IconFile= and IconIndex= or if they are not there add them.
Example:
change
IconFile=%SystemRoot%\System32\mydocs.dll
IconIndex=-101
to
IconFile=C:\Your\Path\youricon.ico
IconIndex=-0

This will change the icon in Explorer, not in Start menu.

That's cool, I never you you could change them that way...great tip! :D

Yeah..... the bottom picture I added myself... The top one you can change with ' Resourse Hacker ' .... But for some reason I could make the top one stick before but now that I have Sp1 installed I can't anymore.... Crazy windows file protection I imagine.. :huh: :huh:

Beginning, the backup copy of sysdm.cpl used by System File Protection is no longer in dllcache but in Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386, if you have applied SP1 in any other way than slipstreamed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back