• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cleartype

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Cleartype...

Just curious if people use it or not...

I use it, on a CRT but I've got it tweaked to use slightly less anti-aliasing and the contrast has also been adjusted to make it darker. :)

I use it on my laptop's TFT. It looks so much better! :)

I also use it on my desktop's CRT, and it definitely makes a difference. I can't go back to reading fonts without ClearType smoothing now.

For some reason the standard Cleartype in Windows XP looks blurry on my LCD monitor. But on my CRT I used it all the time. I will definately check out those 'hacks'.
A note, the MS Cleartype settings site (first link in SPeedY_B's post) only works with IE and with ActiveX on enabled.

SPeedY_B

Yip, I should have mentioned that, Microsoft being the zealots they are you can only adjust things on their o/s, using their browser, and you have to set low security too :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Yip, I should have mentioned that, Microsoft being the zealots they are you can only adjust things on their o/s, using their browser, and you have to set low security too :rolleyes:
That is quite logical, since 1) (to my knowledge) only IE can use ActiveX controls and 2) these controls operate directly in the OS.

SPeedY_B

There are mozilla plugins for ActiveX, I don't know if they work though, and I don't really want to, I prefer to be secure ;)

There should have been an option within the operation system settings to alter the way which cleartype renders.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage