Cleartype

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Cleartype...

Just curious if people use it or not...

I use it, on a CRT but I've got it tweaked to use slightly less anti-aliasing and the contrast has also been adjusted to make it darker. :)

I use it on my laptop's TFT. It looks so much better! :)

I also use it on my desktop's CRT, and it definitely makes a difference. I can't go back to reading fonts without ClearType smoothing now.

For some reason the standard Cleartype in Windows XP looks blurry on my LCD monitor. But on my CRT I used it all the time. I will definately check out those 'hacks'.
A note, the MS Cleartype settings site (first link in SPeedY_B's post) only works with IE and with ActiveX on enabled.

Yip, I should have mentioned that, Microsoft being the zealots they are you can only adjust things on their o/s, using their browser, and you have to set low security too :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Yip, I should have mentioned that, Microsoft being the zealots they are you can only adjust things on their o/s, using their browser, and you have to set low security too :rolleyes:

That is quite logical, since 1) (to my knowledge) only IE can use ActiveX controls and 2) these controls operate directly in the OS.

There are mozilla plugins for ActiveX, I don't know if they work though, and I don't really want to, I prefer to be secure ;)

There should have been an option within the operation system settings to alter the way which cleartype renders.

cleartype?:confused:

i have no idea what that is:eek:

Are you serious or just being an AOL using pikey as per usual?

Quick Example...

attachment.php

As you can see, cleartype = win :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back