cidaemon.exe problem

T

tokey22

hey

i'm having a problem with XP pro. i found that cidaemon.exe eats up all my ram. when i monitor the file with task manager, the amount of ram is uses keeps going higher and higher until i have no ram left.

does anyone know why this is happening? and how i can stop this from happening?

thanks!!

T

tokey22

can anyone help plz?

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix my problem, i would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks!!

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
Turn off the your HD indexing service, I believe that should cure the problem.

goto my comp, right click drive, goto props, and make sure the allow drive to be indexed box is NOT checked.

T

tokey22

Thanks for your suggestion. But if i disable indexing service won't it slow down my system ?

I never had this problem b4. it just started happening this afternoon. Indexing service was always on.

T

tokey22

Yes, it just started doing it this afternoon. I have never had a problem like this even with indexing service on.

It seems to happen after the computer has been on for a little while (ie: 10-20mins)

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
Make sure the indexing service is turned off completely. go into your administrative tools, services and change indexing service to disable, be sure to click stop first if it's listed as running. Then kill both the cid processes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut