cidaemon.exe problem

T

tokey22

hey

i'm having a problem with XP pro. i found that cidaemon.exe eats up all my ram. when i monitor the file with task manager, the amount of ram is uses keeps going higher and higher until i have no ram left.

does anyone know why this is happening? and how i can stop this from happening?

thanks!!

can anyone help plz?

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix my problem, i would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks!!

Turn off the your HD indexing service, I believe that should cure the problem.

goto my comp, right click drive, goto props, and make sure the allow drive to be indexed box is NOT checked.

Thanks for your suggestion. But if i disable indexing service won't it slow down my system ?

I never had this problem b4. it just started happening this afternoon. Indexing service was always on.

I did as you suggested but i'm still having the problem.

:( any other suggestions?

Yes, it just started doing it this afternoon. I have never had a problem like this even with indexing service on.

It seems to happen after the computer has been on for a little while (ie: 10-20mins)

Make sure the indexing service is turned off completely. go into your administrative tools, services and change indexing service to disable, be sure to click stop first if it's listed as running. Then kill both the cid processes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back