Chiefsters yankee thread

Re: Yankees vs. Red Sox

I have to say he showed some true character after blowing the save last night, coming out throwing nothing but GAS in the 9th.

He'll be good, I'm sure. But I also saw that after F Rod came up through Anaheim when he first blew away the Yanks in the playoffs a few years ago. Some people aren't as good the second year, as scouting reports come out and such. Gas is gas, can be hittable and doesn't last forever.

I'm going to Fenway tonight actually, bus trip with 50+ other people. Booooooooooooooo ze :D

I'm a red sox fan but missed the game. G/fs are very demanding aren't they?
Anyway, I heard it wasn't a pretty sight but at least we're not that far behind the yankees. The Mets are doing good this year though.

The mets are sic this year. kinda sounds weird saying that. BUt yeah, Boston will come around sooner than later. Not to mention half of the Yanks roster is now in Steroids desputes.

Another Subway Series would rule - let's just hope it's not another sweep :D

Second Half of the season is underway with the Yankees 1.5 Games Behind the Sox.

I have to say that I'm happy with where we are right now (Yanks) due to the insane amount of injuries we have had to our stars. Sheffield and Matsui have been out for most of the year to this point, and are both at least 6+ weeks away from recovering if not longer.

Let's just hope they are in it towards the end, get some players back, and maybe pull a nice trade before the deadline.

I hear they may go after Soriano, I was sad to see him leave to begin with :(

-edit- Also excited to see how Ponson can help - he was nasty for the Orioles back in the day :D

HA! Ponson? Help? HA! Add him to the list of waste.

Never know man - some people just aren't made for the NL/AL (if they switch leagues). My only concern is some people have issues performing in the Spotlight of being a Yankee.

Down to 1/2 game now, should have been in first but Mirabelli got a strike instead of a ball (should have walked) and then proceeded to hit a game-tying HR on next pitch :dead:

Ponson starts tonight, Octavio Dotel is doing his final rehab assignment today, Matsui will be back in August (better than was once stated of September).

Should be good to see if either team makes any good acquisitions before the 31st :D

HA! Ponson? Help? HA! Add him to the list of waste.
I thought he pitched really well in his NYY debut. He hadn't realy pitched in weeks, and his walks in the first inning really got to him with that HR, but he kept them in the game and made pitches when he had to.

All and all, it was encouraging and I'm excited to see how he performs next time :D

Re: yankees road to the payoffs

Hehe, I love the optimism :)

Re: yankees road to oblivion

Damn You Gonaads!!!!!!!

Stop changing the thread title :p

I like 'Nads choice better.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

*runs* :p

Re: yankees road to the playoffs or to oblivion

Well the trade deadline is Monday the 31st.

The Yankees have needs, that's for sure. But with Cano, Matsui and Dotel all seemingly varying within 1-3 weeks of returning, that is like making a blockbuster trade right there.

Obviously I'd L-O-V-E to see Soriano come back, I never really wanted him to go although I'd take Arod over him. I think to get him, they would have to give up too much. And, to give up so much to only get Cano/Matsui back, pending where they put him (LF/2B), not worth it IMO.

While the options are slim, I hear Barry Zito is available. Oakland would be dumb to let him go, but he is a free agent and they probably can't re-sign him. They should deal him to get something back for him, instead of being left in the cold come off-season.

Not really impressed with the Rangers getting C. Lee - they need pitching. The only thing that is good about that division is that it's so weak. The Angels have probably the best rotation in baseball, but their offense is a one man show in Vlad Guerrero. If the Angels get Soriano, they will win the division and possibly go very far.

Twins are H-O-T, something like 33-8 since the All Star break and are only .5 GB of the Wild Card with the White Sox, chasing the Yankees.

Really exciting time to be a Baseball Fan - the deadline and rest of the season should be great :D

Yanks beat Tampa 6-0, Bernie had a HR :D

Just read that Sheffield got his cast off last week and is going to see a doctor on Monday where he should find out when he can start taking BP.

Cano ran the bases before the game today and felt fine after doing so :)

Don't look now but Tampa Bay is up on the pinstriped fools 11-4 in the 5th. :eek: :p

I'd rather them get the bad out in one game, and 19-6 is a way to do it :eek:

Unfortuately, a bad game like that usually makes them fall apart for the rest of the season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back