• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Change greyscale to 'line drawing'

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Hi guys,

I'm getting my company logo printed on the outside of some cardboard boxes which will be used to send our goods to customers. The logo is currently in greyscale but I need to give them more of a 'line drawing' kind of image because the printing technology they use can't cope very well with shades.

My question is, what's the best way of converting this image into something more suitable using Photoshop?

Reps for any help as usual :)

Attachments

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
tell em "*******s" and send them a CYMK image and let them sort it out :p - do you have the original image to work with? was it a colour image to sort with? - in short give us the original image :p

Last edited:

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Hi dudes,

I have the original image but it's a massive PSD. All I need to do is convert the image so it can be printed in true black and white, i.e. no grey or shades, just black ink. That one you have done Carpo is close but not quite close enough - I'm sure there's an easy way in PS but I can't find it anywhere! What did you use Carpo?

Just to check before I start going mad here - You just want a binary image version of that? e.g. black or white, nothing else?

Edit: Nevermind :( I failed at life, tried using some industrial machine vision image processing software that I used for one of my modules, and it proved too gay - the bottles always came out looking horrific

Last edited:

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
Hi dudes,

I have the original image but it's a massive PSD. All I need to do is convert the image so it can be printed in true black and white, i.e. no grey or shades, just black ink. That one you have done Carpo is close but not quite close enough - I'm sure there's an easy way in PS but I can't find it anywhere! What did you use Carpo?
i used your image and two filters in photoshop - i can easily make it black if you want, at college atm so cant do it yet :) - you could do it yourself using colour replace tool if you want the lines in black on the image i made

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbieherrin