Change greyscale to 'line drawing'

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi guys,

I'm getting my company logo printed on the outside of some cardboard boxes which will be used to send our goods to customers. The logo is currently in greyscale but I need to give them more of a 'line drawing' kind of image because the printing technology they use can't cope very well with shades.

My question is, what's the best way of converting this image into something more suitable using Photoshop?

Reps for any help as usual :)

Attachments

• Box-Logo-B&W.jpg
    Box-Logo-B&W.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 399
I'm not quite sure what you mean... Like this? If so, then that's just the posterize feature.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 219
tell em "*******s" and send them a CYMK image and let them sort it out :p - do you have the original image to work with? was it a colour image to sort with? - in short give us the original image :p

Last edited:
Hi dudes,

I have the original image but it's a massive PSD. All I need to do is convert the image so it can be printed in true black and white, i.e. no grey or shades, just black ink. That one you have done Carpo is close but not quite close enough - I'm sure there's an easy way in PS but I can't find it anywhere! What did you use Carpo?

Just to check before I start going mad here - You just want a binary image version of that? e.g. black or white, nothing else?

Edit: Nevermind :( I failed at life, tried using some industrial machine vision image processing software that I used for one of my modules, and it proved too gay - the bottles always came out looking horrific

Last edited:
Hi dudes,

I have the original image but it's a massive PSD. All I need to do is convert the image so it can be printed in true black and white, i.e. no grey or shades, just black ink. That one you have done Carpo is close but not quite close enough - I'm sure there's an easy way in PS but I can't find it anywhere! What did you use Carpo?

i used your image and two filters in photoshop - i can easily make it black if you want, at college atm so cant do it yet :) - you could do it yourself using colour replace tool if you want the lines in black on the image i made

I know just the site to help out. There is a nice tutorial Here. :)

If this is what your looking for.

bit different to what i did but near the same results :)

Brilliant guys, thanks. I followed that tutorial then turned the image into a 1-bit bitmap using 50% threshold and I think it'll be fine.

I've attached it to show you.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Box-Art-2.jpg
    Box-Art-2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 734

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back