• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CD-RW,CD-ROM,FLOPPY do NOT work

K

kc0eks

Hello all,
If ite not one problem its another...heh
Here goes:
sometimes my cd-rom,rw,and floppy work sometimes they dont...lately they havfent been.
When i try to access cd-rom or floppy i get "incorrect function"
cd-rw just shows a blan page.
This happens no matter what cd or disk i use..reboot doesnt fix it..they show up in device manager just fine, and as working...when i reboot using xp cd-rom, it boots from it, so i know they are fine..
Any ideas suggestions? i tried a large hammer...and that just made things worse for some reason ;)
Thanks all :)

W

westy1

have you tried to uninstal the device, in device manager, rebooting so windows redetects the device.
You may have some corrupt drivers.

K

kc0eks

Actually i just discoevered this...i can burn and copy cds in nero...it can access the drives just fine...however explorer does not....interesting eh?
ideas?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Do you have the newest version of Nero installed? There have been a lot of problems with older versions - the same problem you're experiencing.

K

kc0eks

it tis the newest :)
nero gave me hell for a while...and just started working on its own..heh...

I'm willing to bet the problem you're having is Nero releated. Use the searh, above right, and type in Nero to see what others have done to fix the problem.

K

kc0eks

i did the search, saw the probs with incd and xp..uninstalled incd...works now...so DO NOT install INCD on xp!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies