CD-RW,CD-ROM,FLOPPY do NOT work

K

kc0eks

Hello all,
If ite not one problem its another...heh
Here goes:
sometimes my cd-rom,rw,and floppy work sometimes they dont...lately they havfent been.
When i try to access cd-rom or floppy i get "incorrect function"
cd-rw just shows a blan page.
This happens no matter what cd or disk i use..reboot doesnt fix it..they show up in device manager just fine, and as working...when i reboot using xp cd-rom, it boots from it, so i know they are fine..
Any ideas suggestions? i tried a large hammer...and that just made things worse for some reason ;)
Thanks all :)

Have you opened up the box and checked all your physical connections...........

yes..they work...i can boot cds from them...its something in xp

have you tried to uninstal the device, in device manager, rebooting so windows redetects the device.
You may have some corrupt drivers.

Actually i just discoevered this...i can burn and copy cds in nero...it can access the drives just fine...however explorer does not....interesting eh?
ideas?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Do you have the newest version of Nero installed? There have been a lot of problems with older versions - the same problem you're experiencing.

it tis the newest :)
nero gave me hell for a while...and just started working on its own..heh...

I'm willing to bet the problem you're having is Nero releated. Use the searh, above right, and type in Nero to see what others have done to fix the problem.

i did the search, saw the probs with incd and xp..uninstalled incd...works now...so DO NOT install INCD on xp!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back