Cannot update adobe photoshop 7.0 to 7.0.1....

• Thread starter Daniel Rossi
  • Start date
D

Daniel Rossi

Hi Everyone,

I have a full version copy of Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and i try to update it to 7.0.1 and it says "The Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 update program cannot find C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0"

"Please reinstall the program bla bla bla"

I have tried the Adobe Photoshop on half a dozen different PC's with different operating systems installed on them and i still have the same problem...

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this as Adobe Photoshop does work and it is located at the directory listed above it just wont patch it???

Any help given is very much appreciated..many thanks in advance!!! :D :blink:

Sounds like you have a blacklisted serial. Adobe has stated in the past that no updates will work on blacklisted serials. Sounds like what your problem is.:D

Well how do i make it so it does patch

Ok thanks but how do i make it patch then all i need is a non blacklisted serial

since this is a problem directly related to the fact that you have pirated software, you most likely won't find a solution at ntfs.org...

I bought my copy of Photoshop and I'm having the same problem. Can't seem to find an explanation for it anywhere. Furthermore, I was able to successfully install the patch about a year ago. (Since then I've had to reformat -- my computer was gang raped by adware and spyware). Now I get this message when I try to upgrade Photoshop.

Extremely annoying. Like I need more of that. :dead:

If your copy is legal and non-pirated, contact Adobe.

If not, then goodbye! ;)

Melon

I'd contact Adobe correctly or post this issue on its forums. Adobe reps do post on those forums, and so one of them might see your issue and let you know what to do.

I can not see the problem contacting Adobe since they have a toll-free number.
Contact Customer Service to learn more about Adobe's company policies, sales, products, training resources, product registration, and programs. Browse our Web site or call us toll-free at 800-833-6687 to speak with a representative. Representatives are available seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Pacific time. Need help outside the U.S. or Canada? Go to International Support.

I also had exactly the same problem and seeming that its costs about $450 to buy thats BS.

Here is what i did to fix it, the autoupdate thing just does not seem to work at all, go to:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1851

and download the patch manually, that does work and usually is the only way for it to work, i don't think it is dependent on serial keys at all.

Thanks

I see they are using the stand a lone patch oh well don't know what to do there apart from uninstalling photoshop reinstalling and trying the patch again...... anyway the patch doesn't really change much, so its not a total lose if you cant use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back