can apple cinema display be used with a PC

Sazar

Rest In Peace
they seem to have an ADC/dvi adaptor but I am not sure of the differences in signal and what not..

if anyone knows if this can be done.. please let me know

not that I can afford it currently but it would be lovely to have something like that :)

the guy @ the apple store said it might be possible but he could not comment since I was asking about an apple product with a non-apple product...

If you're a PC user with a DVI-supporting video card, you can still use the Cinema Display, but expect to pay $150 for Apple's ADC-to-DVI converter. And forget about being able to control the display settings; Apple doesn't support the Cinema Display's software-only controls on PC platforms.

Source

since when does Sazar ASK questions?
I'm surprised.

Work: Yes
Supported in any remote form: no
:)

kewl...

heh yah I am don't know everything :cool:

I was looking @ the badboys @ an apple store and they didn't seem that happy that I asked about a pc :D

thanks all.. thats pretty much what I though... about teh functionality that is :)

sazar is slowing fading to the dark side.. i've got my eyes on you, and your little mac too!

meh... I will never buy a mac (well not anytime soon anyways)

I hate proprietary crap and I hate false advertising even more...

I will however love to take a g5 case and mod it to fit an ATX board inside and get the apple cinema display though :D

THAT I can live with... the software and proprietary crap.. no thanks...

Well, if you bought the adapter device and used mac emulation software...it might be possible?

yah but the software support is non-existent :(

if it was pure plug n play I would have no probs...

anyways. I have been browsing a few forums... might consider getting the baby once I get a proper job post uni and the costs drop to 1g and lower :D

if you want a really nice LCD panel I think SGI makes some of the best ones for PC's...

Viewsonic makes some really nice flat panel for pc also .. But I can see sazars wanting the cinema screen .. It is beautiful ..

Well, he wanted it in December, perhaps he now wants an airplane...

Hooray for thread resurrections, aside from obtaining the 20" display for myself since first posting here.. I also have some pointless information:
The 23-inch Cinema uses the #LM230W01 panel from LG.Philips
The 20.1-inch Cinema uses the #F8964 IPS panel from Chi Mei Optoelectronics
This information may be outdated due to the launch of the #LM230W02 from LG.Philips which may now be in the current 23" models.

Hooray for pointless information :p :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back