• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

can apple cinema display be used with a PC

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
they seem to have an ADC/dvi adaptor but I am not sure of the differences in signal and what not..

if anyone knows if this can be done.. please let me know

not that I can afford it currently but it would be lovely to have something like that :)

the guy @ the apple store said it might be possible but he could not comment since I was asking about an apple product with a non-apple product...

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
If you're a PC user with a DVI-supporting video card, you can still use the Cinema Display, but expect to pay $150 for Apple's ADC-to-DVI converter. And forget about being able to control the display settings; Apple doesn't support the Cinema Display's software-only controls on PC platforms.
Source

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
kewl...

heh yah I am don't know everything :cool:

I was looking @ the badboys @ an apple store and they didn't seem that happy that I asked about a pc :D

thanks all.. thats pretty much what I though... about teh functionality that is :)

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
meh... I will never buy a mac (well not anytime soon anyways)

I hate proprietary crap and I hate false advertising even more...

I will however love to take a g5 case and mod it to fit an ATX board inside and get the apple cinema display though :D

THAT I can live with... the software and proprietary crap.. no thanks...

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
yah but the software support is non-existent :(

if it was pure plug n play I would have no probs...

anyways. I have been browsing a few forums... might consider getting the baby once I get a proper job post uni and the costs drop to 1g and lower :D

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Viewsonic makes some really nice flat panel for pc also .. But I can see sazars wanting the cinema screen .. It is beautiful ..

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Hooray for thread resurrections, aside from obtaining the 20" display for myself since first posting here.. I also have some pointless information:
The 23-inch Cinema uses the #LM230W01 panel from LG.Philips
The 20.1-inch Cinema uses the #F8964 IPS panel from Chi Mei Optoelectronics
This information may be outdated due to the launch of the #LM230W02 from LG.Philips which may now be in the current 23" models.

Hooray for pointless information :p :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies