• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Burn-at-once alternatives.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I was having trouble creating Data DVD's with Burn-at-once. I thought it was actually me. I went to their site to see and lo-and-behold, BAO doesn't support DVDburning (You have to get a $15 licence key for total DVD support). Oh well, I am a dedicated BAO user, but I have to move on. Freeware-wise, what is available out there that is as powerful for DVD's as BAO is for CD's?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Jamie is charging now ? that is odd, with all the bugs it has and the fact that it crashes two much. And not to mention being just a VB frontend for cdrdao and mkisofs, I am surprised he is charging now..

I don't use it, mainly for the fact that he is a cocky jerk. I use Nero exclusively .. I don't know of any freeware program that will do it .. Did you try the windows xp burning engine ???

Heeter

Nets,

I was going to check it out, but the title suggests CD's only. But I am going to try it faithfully.

Heeter

Heeter

Hi Nets,

Couple of things noticed so far, CDBurnerXP does not associate itself with known file extensions (bin/cue, iso). With BAO, you were able to double-click on a file and that would automatically open BAO. Another thing is overburn, something I regularly used with BAO. Can I associate file extensions with CDBXP? Is there an Overburn option? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Heeter

Heeter said:
Hi Nets,

Couple of things noticed so far, CDBurnerXP does not associate itself with known file extensions (bin/cue, iso). With BAO, you were able to double-click on a file and that would automatically open BAO. Another thing is overburn, something I regularly used with BAO. Can I associate file extensions with CDBXP? Is there an Overburn option? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Heeter
You can manually associate the file types in Windows. Open up Explorer, hit Tools>Folder Options, switch to the File Types tab, look for BIN and CUE, and change the default handler applications.

Re: Overburning - I've never really tried it myself, but according to the FAQ, it works without changing any settings:
Q: Is overburning possible?
A: Yes. Just add as much data to CD layout as fits to the disc and start burning (ignore warning messages of CDBurnerXP Pro if any).

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown