Burn-at-once alternatives.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I was having trouble creating Data DVD's with Burn-at-once. I thought it was actually me. I went to their site to see and lo-and-behold, BAO doesn't support DVDburning (You have to get a $15 licence key for total DVD support). Oh well, I am a dedicated BAO user, but I have to move on. Freeware-wise, what is available out there that is as powerful for DVD's as BAO is for CD's?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Ehm, burn at once? as mentioned in the post... ? :confused:

Jamie is charging now ? that is odd, with all the bugs it has and the fact that it crashes two much. And not to mention being just a VB frontend for cdrdao and mkisofs, I am surprised he is charging now..

I don't use it, mainly for the fact that he is a cocky jerk. I use Nero exclusively .. I don't know of any freeware program that will do it .. Did you try the windows xp burning engine ???

Nets,

I was going to check it out, but the title suggests CD's only. But I am going to try it faithfully.

Heeter

First thing it says on the product page:
CDBurnerXP Pro is a free CD/DVD burning solution.
With this software you can burn CD-R, CD-RW DVD+R/RW DVD-R/RW discs.

Yep, it'll burn DVDs too. Guess it would just sound odd if it was called CDDVDBurnerXP Pro ;)

Hi Nets,

Couple of things noticed so far, CDBurnerXP does not associate itself with known file extensions (bin/cue, iso). With BAO, you were able to double-click on a file and that would automatically open BAO. Another thing is overburn, something I regularly used with BAO. Can I associate file extensions with CDBXP? Is there an Overburn option? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Heeter

Heeter said:
Hi Nets,

Couple of things noticed so far, CDBurnerXP does not associate itself with known file extensions (bin/cue, iso). With BAO, you were able to double-click on a file and that would automatically open BAO. Another thing is overburn, something I regularly used with BAO. Can I associate file extensions with CDBXP? Is there an Overburn option? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Heeter
You can manually associate the file types in Windows. Open up Explorer, hit Tools>Folder Options, switch to the File Types tab, look for BIN and CUE, and change the default handler applications.

Re: Overburning - I've never really tried it myself, but according to the FAQ, it works without changing any settings:
Q: Is overburning possible?
A: Yes. Just add as much data to CD layout as fits to the disc and start burning (ignore warning messages of CDBurnerXP Pro if any).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back