browser *****es

W

wn van deursen

Switching from Internet to StarOffice and viceversa is not fun, as two browsers start quarrelling with each other and force me to react on '(this one) is not your standardbrowser'. In trying to open a S.O. document I'm asked to 'confirm S.O. as your standard browser' or 'don't alter'. Both choices lead me to a Desktop register and force me to via-viaclick the desired document once more. If I've got Internet Explorer, what's a StarOffice browser doing here then?? Or is this the same as asking why peanutbutter sandwiches fall with their faces down? (never understood that one either)

M

mafiafromrussia

u can disable that in IE if u go to tools,internet options, programs, and unckeck that box at the bottom.

W

wn van deursen

re: browsers

It looks like it did the trick. I also felt that a similar action in StarOffice was needed and changed Soffice in 'Opening with' into External. Hope the Digital Spirit will forgive me my deeds. Also, I meant an analog with fighting DOGS by the way, so you could at least have allowed the 'b' in the censored part!

W

wn van deursen

browsers quarrel

If it works, it surely smells funny. There's no clickreaction anymore on links in my emails. I decided to change 'external' in StarOffice tools back to 'soffice', changed my mind and knocked in Dir.Tree on the map Soffice first. It made an ominous hollow sound...did I loose something vital there?

W

wn van deursen

re browser *****es

that's a relief & thanks for the hug, although I lost something vital already: most of my teeth

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut