browser *****es

W

wn van deursen

Switching from Internet to StarOffice and viceversa is not fun, as two browsers start quarrelling with each other and force me to react on '(this one) is not your standardbrowser'. In trying to open a S.O. document I'm asked to 'confirm S.O. as your standard browser' or 'don't alter'. Both choices lead me to a Desktop register and force me to via-viaclick the desired document once more. If I've got Internet Explorer, what's a StarOffice browser doing here then?? Or is this the same as asking why peanutbutter sandwiches fall with their faces down? (never understood that one either)

u can disable that in IE if u go to tools,internet options, programs, and unckeck that box at the bottom.

re: browsers

It looks like it did the trick. I also felt that a similar action in StarOffice was needed and changed Soffice in 'Opening with' into External. Hope the Digital Spirit will forgive me my deeds. Also, I meant an analog with fighting DOGS by the way, so you could at least have allowed the 'b' in the censored part!

always listen to mafia, it might not just work, u might live longer too :cool:

browsers quarrel

If it works, it surely smells funny. There's no clickreaction anymore on links in my emails. I decided to change 'external' in StarOffice tools back to 'soffice', changed my mind and knocked in Dir.Tree on the map Soffice first. It made an ominous hollow sound...did I loose something vital there?

Re: browsers quarrel

Originally posted by Doubleu
... an ominous hollow sound...did I loose something vital there?

nuh, i think you all good there. :cool:

re browser *****es

that's a relief & thanks for the hug, although I lost something vital already: most of my teeth

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back