briefcase computer

yeah, if one seems pretty sturdy, you should alright.

use as many as possible, though. use every hole the motherboard has. no reason not to.

and thanks... "pilot" hole was the word i was looking for. :D

how would i secure the plastic to the case????
i got some funky super glue? ia m just trying to decide if i want the option to remove this or not?

i am gonna try this plastic thing because it is gonna be hard to get through the wood and not the metal casing. if this plastic thing works then it is easyer

did you abandon the original screwoff-into-wood idea? if they hold well, i think that would be the simplest and lightest.

if you wanted to securely attach the plastic inside the case and be able to remove it... i'm not sure how you would go about that. maybe some screws and nuts at the corners to the wood behind it?

ok i just drilled into my shirt it got all wound up and ripped but yea i am just going to drill into the wood

Originally posted by canadian_divx
ok i just drilled into my shirt it got all wound up and ripped but yea i am just going to drill into the wood
:D
getting bored? or just clumsy?

again, use as many standoffs as you can. i'd feel uneasy trusting only 6 standoffs into the wood to hold the mobo, heatsink and fan, and the agp/pci cards. especially on a case with a handle that's going to be transported.

got al mounting holes drilled and stand offs in and the plate that the parts plug in to the mouse nad printer and usb, what ever that plate is i am adding that now

ok i dont know if anyone is still following this but i am just gonna keep posting. but who ever is out there i got a problem, the plate for the MOBO that overs the ports. when the MOBO lines up with it it is like 2/3cm off the base of the case

i took a break and played some freelancer. i intend to help you through this project.

that's called the i/o shield (input/output). so, is the motherboard not high enough or too high? or is it too far in our out?

ok i also took a break and got some juice LOL i got the mobo bounted and kinda changed the IO shield here is a pic of it so far

now i am taking a 30 min break to clean up and eat something so i can think for the rest of this thing

i need some sleep it is 15 min to 1 am but one thing i dont know what to do is with the PSU should i cut out the entire thing for the from of it or just the switch, plug, and fan???

i would definitely make sure the fan is able to push the hot air out. if not, the inside of that case will get warm quick.

how bout this.. cut a 80mm circle in the back of the case and use a short round duct to vent from the ps? so the ps is embedded in the case a little and you don't have to cut out a big rectangle for it. you can access the switch inside. just cut a hole for the cord, too.

well the day has now begun again and i am back to work on this, after i slept through till noon LOL my bad, my friend is beinging over his dermal today to help me get this done quicker.

today my plan is to get the PSU in, one 80mm fan in and one cdrom. so i am just gonna get my tools from the other room and get some supplies from the gurauge and we can begin

along with that PSU being inside the case is an ok one if i can get it vented but eaither way i am gonna hvae to cut a 80mm hole for the fan but i hvae 2 120mm DC fans at 14000RPM, these this can move about 300CFM and they are not to loud but they are a U ground connection and need 115 vollts, i was thinking tha tif i mounted a power bar in there i could use thes but would mounting the power bar make more heat or should i jsut go with the 120mm's that i ordered for this computer LOL if you can call it that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back