Bittorrent DL speed

I found with bittorent that it also depends on what speeds the seed has it set to. I been trying to download things and the speed never goes above 20k download. That is when it dose'nt throttle between 0 and 1.5. It is very annoying when it does this - It takes to long to download things .. It's getting to be almost like edonkey ..

ElementalDragon said:
by changing the port number in Azureus..... do you mean the "Default Tracker Port" in the configuration settings?

I was getting ready to ask the same thing. Its either the default tracker port or the Incoming TCP listen port? I set up my port # in the default tracker port but I'm using a 3000 range # in Sygate Firewall to allow but my speeds are pretty slow, but it really depends on the file b/c sometimes its jumping up to 250-300kb's per. I'm going to try the 49152-65535 and see if I notice any difference.

I tried to dl something that was 140 megs about 3 months ago.
The links I was given at the site where dead or said bandwidth is used up.

It had a bitorrent link so i downloaded the applictaion and started it, all I could get was 2-3.5 k, so I didn't bother and hunted and hunted and finally found a working link at 60k.

Maybe for some it works ok and others it sucks.

Anyone suggest the best BT software for someone who wants to have full control of every setting... and search facility?
I've used BT before, but it didn't allow to search. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back