Bit Torrent Rant (Contains Strongish l33t language)

SPeedY_B said:
You should have both set to unlimited. :rolleyes:
Well as long as he's giving back 100% of what he downloaded I would say he's all good. You are giving back right Johnny? :rolleyes:

SPeedY_B said:
You should have both set to unlimited. :rolleyes:

Just for reference, the latest Azureus gave me Kernel Panics yet again, I've given up and gone back to the official client. I've been informed that Azureus does the same on Linux too, so basically it's crap on anything except Win32. Bah.
Yay, self quotery.

I've had a quick look into it, and basically it appears that Azureus just doesn't like Dual CPU machines, which is why I'm having all these problems, yet others aren't.

Stupid thing :D

SPeedY_B any way to make it so it only sees/uses 1 CPU?

I can quite easily disable one, but then that's o/s-wide.

They're currently working on fixes for it (It's now a known issue) and have implemented them into the latest CVS builds, but they need more dual-cpu mac owners to test them. I'm gonna hop onto their IRC channel next week and help out :)

Oh .. I meant more like telling its exe to only use CPU 1 or something .. not disabling any. :p I saw some thing on screen savers about running UT server w/ dual CPU and being able to assign it to a CPU, of course that was a M$ NT based OS. :)

exe? What's that then? :p

I don't know to be honest, I'd image there some sort of dirty hack to make it use only one, I'll have to look into it :D

SPeedY_B said:
exe? What's that then? :p
hehe exe = executable in windows world ... I know you *nix/Mac OSX folks don't have them as it's +x permission that does it for you. :)

I know what an exe is really :p
I did use Windows before owning my mac :D

Xie said:
hehe exe = executable in windows world ... I know you *nix/Mac OSX folks don't have them as it's +x permission that does it for you. :)

Yarr, what is more sexy than /usr/local/bin/wget?

X-Istence said:
Yarr, what is more sexy than /usr/local/bin/wget?
'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe' and '/usr/local/bin/wget' side-by-side.
tongue.gif

sfu.png

I hate that client, it's a pain in the arse to use. Also, it's built off the official source and offers no advantage over simply using the official client. arf.

I think it's an awkward client. I just prefer the simplicity of the official. Drag a folder full of torrents on it, point them at a folder. Done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back