Big Time Screensaver

rrm74001

OSNN Junior Addict
For those of you who envy Windows users and their clock screensaver, fear no more. I have always wanted a similar screensaver for my Mac and I recently came across this screensaver:

Code:
http://www.neosynapse.net/downloads.html

It basically displays the time and date on the screen in a similar fashion as the windows screensaver does:

Big-Time-Screen-Saver--thumb.png

I always wondered why Apple never bundled a smilar screensaver with Mac OS X, it being so simple.

Last edited:
There is a button in System Preferences that specifies "Show with clock", it will allow you to show the current time overlaid on whatever screen saver you decide to pick.

If you want to also have the date, you will indeed need to go to a 3rd party solution.

Wow I cannot believe I missed that X-Istence!

I wish this screensaver allowed the user to custonmize it a little more. Such as changing the color of the text and having an analog or digital option option.

dorfire, I love you. Those screensavers are awesome! I am downloading the Polar Clock for sure! Thanks!

I have been looking for a clock screensaver for the Mac for a long time and I think you just showed me one that I like better than the Windows one!

Ye, polar clock is awesome! Rest are also cool. Nice find.

I personally prefer the BSOD screensaver (for Windows) - installed it on a mate of mine's computer, and he almost freaked out! lol

Thanks for these, though I'm not a Mac user :)

Yeah I have the BSOD screensaver on my Windows machine. It would be pretty fun to have that screensaver on a PPC-based Mac.

I am sticking with Polar Clock for now. If anyone know any more, feel free to share, please!

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back