• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Best Protection

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Alright, my computer runs great. I keep good care, because I know how to.

I watch what I do.

I use AVG Antivirus, Windows Defender & CCleaner.

Is it bad or good to use 2 antispyware programs (whats a good one) I used to have Spybot?

I don't really need anything, but thought I'd like to know.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
I use AVG Pro AV plus Spybot, Ccleaner and Lavasoft Ad-Aware on my puter at home. I use Tend Micro AV plus Ccleaner and Spybot on my laptop. So as for using 2 or more anti-spyware proggies, I would say that as long as they don't conflict with each other then why not. Just have one antispyware proggie running resident and use the other as a redundant second pass. In case one misses something. Basically what I do.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
I couldn't resist, you are far more resistant than I am sir :p

---

Bman, I've been using NOD32 for the past 3 years on XP. It's the best anti-virus I've ever used and ultralight on resource use. Highly recommended. Also, I don't think you'll need another spyware program because SpyBot works well.

So, NOD32 + SpyBot = FTW.

Last edited:

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
In my experience not one anti-spyware program works well to clean out infections, but for preventative usage I'd say Spybot and smart/safe computing are OK.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I was thinking about getting nod32, cause I tried it awhile back, but its not exactly free. Also thats virus protection, I am pretty happy with AVG.

Antispyware I guess I will keep Defender running in the background as it is, and download good old Spybot.

Thanks guys.

(its funny for us to talk about this, all pretty main OSNN users, cause I'm sure we all know how to keep our computer clean and running great, just thought I'd add another program lol)

epk

Political User
heheh

well.. just keep spybot... really... spyware isnt that big of a deal if u know what do to when u're online (and im sure u do)

as for av... well.. if u want a free one, then u can keep avg, it's cool

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I'm down with epk. I have Symantec Antivirus 10.1 (11.0 sucks) and Windows Defender. I'm not concerned because I practice safe browsing.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I'm down with epk. I have Symantec Antivirus 10.1 (11.0 sucks) and Windows Defender. I'm not concerned because I practice safe browsing.
You use Norton, and there products? Are you kidding?

Friends come to me with computer problems (slow) and I remove that and its all good.

epk

Political User
You use Norton, and there products? Are you kidding?

Friends come to me with computer problems (slow) and I remove that and its all good.

really?... i never had any problems with it... i mean, it used to consume a lot of resources, but... like 7 years ago :p

i think it just has a lot of bad press =]

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I haven't used it for a long time, and when ever I see it, the system runs like crap.

Your saying Symantec Antivirus is different from Norton? Does Symantec not make Norton?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Alright, my computer runs great. I keep good care, because I know how to.

I watch what I do.

I use AVG Antivirus, Windows Defender & CCleaner.

Is it bad or good to use 2 antispyware programs (whats a good one) I used to have Spybot?

I don't really need anything, but thought I'd like to know.
Use Vista, problem solved.

:smoker:

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
matt, WTF have you been my whole life? Why did I not know that back in the day when I used to use the stupid thing.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
You were probably too busy setting up a LinkedIn account :cool:

I don't use either because they are both pretty bloated.

Kaspersky FTW !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage