Best Protection

N

Not Bman

Alright, my computer runs great. I keep good care, because I know how to.

I watch what I do.

I use AVG Antivirus, Windows Defender & CCleaner.

Is it bad or good to use 2 antispyware programs (whats a good one) I used to have Spybot?

I don't really need anything, but thought I'd like to know.

I use AVG Pro AV plus Spybot, Ccleaner and Lavasoft Ad-Aware on my puter at home. I use Tend Micro AV plus Ccleaner and Spybot on my laptop. So as for using 2 or more anti-spyware proggies, I would say that as long as they don't conflict with each other then why not. Just have one antispyware proggie running resident and use the other as a redundant second pass. In case one misses something. Basically what I do.

I couldn't resist, you are far more resistant than I am sir :p

---

Bman, I've been using NOD32 for the past 3 years on XP. It's the best anti-virus I've ever used and ultralight on resource use. Highly recommended. Also, I don't think you'll need another spyware program because SpyBot works well.

So, NOD32 + SpyBot = FTW.

Last edited:
The Trojan Man has spit, errr spoken. :rolleyes:

In my experience not one anti-spyware program works well to clean out infections, but for preventative usage I'd say Spybot and smart/safe computing are OK.

I was thinking about getting nod32, cause I tried it awhile back, but its not exactly free. Also thats virus protection, I am pretty happy with AVG.

Antispyware I guess I will keep Defender running in the background as it is, and download good old Spybot.

Thanks guys.

(its funny for us to talk about this, all pretty main OSNN users, cause I'm sure we all know how to keep our computer clean and running great, just thought I'd add another program lol)

heheh

well.. just keep spybot... really... spyware isnt that big of a deal if u know what do to when u're online (and im sure u do)

as for av... well.. if u want a free one, then u can keep avg, it's cool

I'm down with epk. I have Symantec Antivirus 10.1 (11.0 sucks) and Windows Defender. I'm not concerned because I practice safe browsing.

I'm down with epk. I have Symantec Antivirus 10.1 (11.0 sucks) and Windows Defender. I'm not concerned because I practice safe browsing.

You use Norton, and there products? Are you kidding?

Friends come to me with computer problems (slow) and I remove that and its all good.

Symantec Antivirus != Norton Antivirus (as in NOT equal to)

avg pro/eset nod32 and spybot search and destroy - and careful inet/email use

You use Norton, and there products? Are you kidding?

Friends come to me with computer problems (slow) and I remove that and its all good.

really?... i never had any problems with it... i mean, it used to consume a lot of resources, but... like 7 years ago :p

i think it just has a lot of bad press =]

I haven't used it for a long time, and when ever I see it, the system runs like crap.

Your saying Symantec Antivirus is different from Norton? Does Symantec not make Norton?

Alright, my computer runs great. I keep good care, because I know how to.

I watch what I do.

I use AVG Antivirus, Windows Defender & CCleaner.

Is it bad or good to use 2 antispyware programs (whats a good one) I used to have Spybot?

I don't really need anything, but thought I'd like to know.

Use Vista, problem solved.

:smoker:

Your saying Symantec Antivirus is different from Norton? Does Symantec not make Norton?

Symantec = Business/Enterprise
Norton = Home

Symantec Antivirus = Just AV
Norton = Bloat

matt, WTF have you been my whole life? Why did I not know that back in the day when I used to use the stupid thing.

You were probably too busy setting up a LinkedIn account :cool:

I don't use either because they are both pretty bloated.

Kaspersky FTW !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back