Best overclocking AMD XP chip

S

silky62678

what would be the best overclocking XP chip? I heard xp 2500 is good, per price and overclocking speeds.

I would say either the 1700+, 2100+ (my favorite), or the 2500+. IMO, the 2100 gets the best bang for the buck in the present time, its relatively cheap and gets up to 2.2ghz easy...

I have a 2100+ chip myself, and I can easily get up to 2700+ speeds with the stock hsf.

Definitely the 1700+ and 2100+ t'bredB chips are the best. 2100+ are just about guaranteed to make 2.2ghz as bootsy said :)

is this all 2100+'s? aren't there two different cores?

2.2ghz...isnt that higher than xp3000 ?
Why wouldnt higher chips like 2400 be better ?

There are the tbred A's and the tbred B's, just different revisions of the same core. B is a really good overclocker, whereas A is not so good :) There is also the palomino version of the 2100+ which I wouldn't bother getting if you want to overclock....

Originally posted by jumpy
There are the tbred A's and the tbred B's, just different revisions of the same core. B is a really good overclocker, whereas A is not so good :) There is also the palomino version of the 2100+ which I wouldn't bother getting if you want to overclock....
How can u tell if it is a tbred A or tbred B, or Palomino?

Originally posted by silky62678
a 2.2ghz 266fsb chip would be more like a 2700+. but not like the regualr 2700+ which is a 333fsb cpu at 2.17ghz)

2400+ = 2.00ghz (266)
2600+ = 2.13ghz (266)

Because they cost more ;)
The tbred core has it's speed limits, the lower spec cpu's can often get there as well. The higher spec cpu's are more likely to get to these speeds but you pay for it :)

How can u tell if it is a tbred A or tbred B, or Palomino?
i think the palominos have a square core, are brown and ceramic-like, and have the little capacitor things on the top of the cpu around the core, rather than the bottom in the middle.

again, i think. :p

tbred's are green, right? and have the capacitors on the bottom under the core.

Dont think i have seen a green core. i seen the brown looking square ones

ok, back to the question at hand...which amd xp chip is really good at overclocking...im getting alot of xp2100 seletions. any other chips ?

my fault... when referring to brown or green, i meant the rest of the cpu, not the cores.

oh ok, i see what u mean know. how can u tell between tbred A or tbred B? Are they both green?

think so. as far as i know, the only difference is the model number printed on the cores.

There will be a code written on the cpu that will look something like AIUHB. The final letter of the code tells you whether it is a tbred A or B. In this case, it is a tbred B.

here's a good site that explains the lettering and such.

[edit] okay, the palominos are brown with the processor id printed right on the core and the transistors placed underneath the core...
xp2100_front_sm.jpg

the thoroughbreds are brown or green with a processor id plate seperate from the core and the transistors placed on top of the cpu...
xp2200_front_sm.jpg

I have a green 2000+ palomino, (so the palominos also come in green)

OC's like ****. cant get up much more than 1.813 no matter how much I raise my vcore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back