Best overclocking AMD XP chip

I have overclocked with my AMD Athlon 1800+ I've got no idea weather it's the best but I got mine up from 1.54Ghz - 2.09Ghz which I really love...!

i have noticed no one is posting the higher amd chips like 2400 and up. Are they not good over clockers? I take it just cause it's a higher speed doesnt make it a better overclocker?

Originally posted by silky62678
i have noticed no one is posting the higher amd chips like 2400 and up. Are they not good over clockers? I take it just cause it's a higher speed doesnt make it a better overclocker?

we're saying 2100+ and not 2400+/2600+/3000+ because those are expensive as hell! im not afraid to admit im broke, a poor man addicted to computers. and its ok, because the cheaper core (in this situation) can get the speeds of higher processors.

its like buying a new car, you could get the Civic which is nice and does a great job of communiting, or you could get the SS Camero, which is a lot more, but costs a lot more... especially when you just need a NOS kit for the Civic, and exaust, intake, and HKS blow off valve, and some bigger cheater tires, and you'll smoke the stock SS Camero, for cheaper than the camero cost..

car terminology... i love it. :)

You might try www.overclockers.com for the newer chipsets. I can't really help you in that area. Since I've got a Dual 1.9 MP system so I've never even needed to try to overclock. The only overclocking I did was with Cyrix 166, AMD 300/500, and the P1/2's. Most people don't have the 200-400 bucks to buy the Barton core chips, so if your game for it then tell us how well they overclock.:cool:

Originally posted by silky62678
the processors on the low end of their cores will overclock the best. for instance, if you were to overclock a barton, the 2500+ would give you best % increase because it's the same core that the 2800+ and 3000+ have.

I have a t-bred B 2100+ and my friend has a palomino core. We both have the same motherboard (A7N8X delux), and we both used the same thermal paste (arctic silver III), in fact I put his on for him and his chip runs a constant 12-14 degrees C more than mine. Its because of the size difference of the cores.

Originally posted by Bootsy
his chip runs a constant 12-14 degrees C more than mine. Its because of the size difference of the cores.

And the massive voltage difference :)

Originally posted by Bootsy
Its because of the size difference of the cores.
actually, your tbred has a smaller core than his. so given just that, you should have higher temps. but your voltage is lower and your core is built on a smaller process (.13µ tbred vs .18µ palomino).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back