best data recovery software?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I have to try to get data from a hardrive that insists it needs to be reformat

I'm gonna try stellar phoenix unless someone tells me they have a better program to give a go

here's what happened, maybe someone has a better idea;

cleaning out my closet I found one of my old laptop hardrives

I brought that to work to mount and get files, the computer saw the hardrive, opened some folders

I closed the thing down to do later when I had some time but when I got back and re-mounted windows told me the hardrive needed a reformat and couldn't mount

so there I go, now I want to try to get what's in there, any other ideas besides recovery hardware?

runtime getback - dont know if its any good still

Tried recuva? its free at least.
There is also another free one but I cant remember it (try a google)

GetDataBack is the that I've used that seems to work the best. Don't remember the limits of in trial but you can always try that and see if ti works and if so get the full version

If the drive is damaged I always use ddrescue (it's FREE and open source). :)

Hi guys,

I found a data recovery software for beta (free), which compatible with latest Windows 7, it can recover files even if you deleted the files from Recycle Bin, formatted the partition, the partition lost, partition became RAW, partition cannot be accessed, etc. I have tried it, works like a charm. It ends at Feb 2010, download it quickly from http://majorgeeks.com/EASEUS_Data_Recovery_Wizard_d6336.html

I have downloaded EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard 4.8 Beta and tried it, it works well. But it ends at Feb 2010, I would like that EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard 4.8 Beta is free forever.

Last edited:
Good news,

$69.95 EASEUS Data Recovey Wizard 4.3.6 is free now,

I have tried it and the download link still works.

download link

What's with all the EASEUS SPAM, would keep me from ever checking it out. :(

[FONT=&quot]My supposedly top of the range hard drive crashed suddenly, I was totally unprepared and stood to lose the majority of 15 years writing stored on it. i tried to use recovery software but it doesn't work. And I found that Rapid saved all my info. They recovered it for under £300 and I got it back within three weeks. I am very happy with their service. :)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My supposedly top of the range hard drive crashed suddenly, I was totally unprepared and stood to lose the majority of 15 years writing stored on it. i tried to use recovery software but it doesn't work. And I found that Rapid saved all my info. They recovered it for under £300 and I got it back within three weeks. I am very happy with their service. :)
[/FONT]

Did you learn a lesson about backing up? :)

* If your not a bot as I suspect :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back