• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Beeping Out Of the Blue

-seek-

OSNN Addict
Sometimes my PC speaker just beeps (once) out of the blue while im in Windows browsing around or just doing nothing... Is this something I should be worried about?

System:
P4 3.29 GHz 800MHz Bus
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe Motherboard
1024 MB DDR SDRam
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB DDR
WinXP Home Service Pack 2

-thank you!

Yeah, I'm guessing temps too. It might not be overheating acctually, but be a foulty/jumpy temp or voltage sensor. I've had it happen on several computers. Just getting occational short beeps out of it. It's like the alarm is starting, but then realises it's wrong and turns off again. ;) If you have an Abit mobo you can start up Winbond Hardware Doctor and disable the sensor that is giving bad readings. That will shut it up. ;)

[edit] Oops, Asus mobo. They should have a similar tool.

-seek-

OSNN Addict
Zedric said:
Yeah, I'm guessing temps too. It might not be overheating acctually, but be a foulty/jumpy temp or voltage sensor. I've had it happen on several computers. Just getting occational short beeps out of it. It's like the alarm is starting, but then realises it's wrong and turns off again. ;) If you have an Abit mobo you can start up Winbond Hardware Doctor and disable the sensor that is giving bad readings. That will shut it up. ;)

[edit] Oops, Asus mobo. They should have a similar tool.
thx, i think you hit it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi