AVG problem

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I've been using AVG free edition for about 18 months with no problems but now it keeps disappearing from the system tray.

When I reopen it it tells me that the CONTROL CENTRE is not fully functional so I activate it again then it sits in the system tray and then disappears again.

It just seems to happen when you move the cursur over the the tray icon,as if its telling it to unactivate itself

I haven't got a virus or trogan so I'm lost as to what is causing it..............Any ideas?????? :huh:

I used to get the Back & White Icon after one of there updates, nothing worked to fix it..it also said my CC wasn't activated, I would activate it & the Icon would return to Color. It seems like yours is just not loading at all. You can try a Scan & Defrag to see if that helps..also look on Grisoft Site to see if someone reposted the same problem. Thats how I found out about the B&W Icon problem..that lasted about 3 months till one of there updates fixed it..it hit certain userrs of XP, not all.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Easiest way to fix it would be to download avg again, the latest one, uninstall then reinstall the new one. When I did this I used my old registration & it went through OK. Once loaded grab the next update & all should be well. :)

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
Thanx Hip :)
I e-mailed them and they sent me a link to a new download but I'm still having the same problem.
Its just the Control Center won't stay activated but I'll just have to see how it goes :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qotipory