AVG problem

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
I've been using AVG free edition for about 18 months with no problems but now it keeps disappearing from the system tray.

When I reopen it it tells me that the CONTROL CENTRE is not fully functional so I activate it again then it sits in the system tray and then disappears again.

It just seems to happen when you move the cursur over the the tray icon,as if its telling it to unactivate itself

I haven't got a virus or trogan so I'm lost as to what is causing it..............Any ideas?????? :huh:

I used to get the Back & White Icon after one of there updates, nothing worked to fix it..it also said my CC wasn't activated, I would activate it & the Icon would return to Color. It seems like yours is just not loading at all. You can try a Scan & Defrag to see if that helps..also look on Grisoft Site to see if someone reposted the same problem. Thats how I found out about the B&W Icon problem..that lasted about 3 months till one of there updates fixed it..it hit certain userrs of XP, not all.

Thanx lion7718.
Theres no mention of the problem at Grisoft so I'll just have to e-mail them and see what they say :)

Easiest way to fix it would be to download avg again, the latest one, uninstall then reinstall the new one. When I did this I used my old registration & it went through OK. Once loaded grab the next update & all should be well. :)

Thanx Hip :)
I e-mailed them and they sent me a link to a new download but I'm still having the same problem.
Its just the Control Center won't stay activated but I'll just have to see how it goes :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back