autocad

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
anyone use this program?

just got it...there's a friggin college course to teach you how to use it, I might have to take it.

any quick tricks?

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
What do you want to know, I've got around 3,000 hours professional use of it under my belt.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
right now just learn some basics, build a house with fence and railing, so I need top and side views

later on I'd like to make some aero dynamic suggestions in car design

something like that

btw

If you want to start a project with me, I'll pm to you some novel aero dynamic concepts and we can put to gether a treatment for submission to the auto industry

no kidding...some concepts that are valid but haven't been considered in auto design

let me know

Unleashed

We Speak Geek
My first real job was in the drawing office of a metalwork company drawing up things like balustrade, balconies, staircases etc.
The other thing is - can you actually draw. Not being funny, but do you know the basics of elevations, plans, offsets etc. That's where I always fell over (I only worked in there for a year).
Also, are you a keyboard shortcut or an icon man? I can give you a basic list of useful keyboard shortcuts if you intend to go that route (my preferred way - you can then use both hands and you can use any machine without having to hunt down icons).

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
My first real job was in the drawing office of a metalwork company drawing up things like balustrade, balconies, staircases etc.
The other thing is - can you actually draw. Not being funny, but do you know the basics of elevations, plans, offsets etc. That's where I always fell over (I only worked in there for a year).
Also, are you a keyboard shortcut or an icon man? I can give you a basic list of useful keyboard shortcuts if you intend to go that route (my preferred way - you can then use both hands and you can use any machine without having to hunt down icons).
keyboard man

no, I have very little mechanical drawing experience

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
I am a Mechanical Engineer so I work with floor plans, not really auto design.

The keyboard shortcut I use the most for drawing is specifying line lengths and angle. If you you want to draw a 2.5 foot 40° line, then you use the line tool, click where you want to start it and enter in

@2'6"<40

That should get you started.

Drawing up a house with elevations is not a small task.

Actually I don't agree with the idea of being able to draw. I can't draw anything on paper, but I can make some pretty good detailed drawings with AutoCAD.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
I am a Mechanical Engineer so I work with floor plans, not really auto design.

The keyboard shortcut I use the most for drawing is specifying line lengths and angle. If you you want to draw a 2.5 foot 40° line, then you use the line tool, click where you want to start it and enter in

@2'6"<40

That should get you started.

Drawing up a house with elevations is not a small task.

Actually I don't agree with the idea of being able to draw. I can't draw anything on paper, but I can make some pretty good detailed drawings with AutoCAD.
that's very nice, I can probably do the whole house with that

and I think he meant was I learned in mechanical drawing artistic skills

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelPowers