autocad

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
anyone use this program?

just got it...there's a friggin college course to teach you how to use it, I might have to take it.

any quick tricks?

What do you want to know, I've got around 3,000 hours professional use of it under my belt.

right now just learn some basics, build a house with fence and railing, so I need top and side views

later on I'd like to make some aero dynamic suggestions in car design

something like that

btw

If you want to start a project with me, I'll pm to you some novel aero dynamic concepts and we can put to gether a treatment for submission to the auto industry

no kidding...some concepts that are valid but haven't been considered in auto design

let me know

My first real job was in the drawing office of a metalwork company drawing up things like balustrade, balconies, staircases etc.
The other thing is - can you actually draw. Not being funny, but do you know the basics of elevations, plans, offsets etc. That's where I always fell over (I only worked in there for a year).
Also, are you a keyboard shortcut or an icon man? I can give you a basic list of useful keyboard shortcuts if you intend to go that route (my preferred way - you can then use both hands and you can use any machine without having to hunt down icons).

My first real job was in the drawing office of a metalwork company drawing up things like balustrade, balconies, staircases etc.
The other thing is - can you actually draw. Not being funny, but do you know the basics of elevations, plans, offsets etc. That's where I always fell over (I only worked in there for a year).
Also, are you a keyboard shortcut or an icon man? I can give you a basic list of useful keyboard shortcuts if you intend to go that route (my preferred way - you can then use both hands and you can use any machine without having to hunt down icons).
keyboard man

no, I have very little mechanical drawing experience

I am a Mechanical Engineer so I work with floor plans, not really auto design.

The keyboard shortcut I use the most for drawing is specifying line lengths and angle. If you you want to draw a 2.5 foot 40° line, then you use the line tool, click where you want to start it and enter in

@2'6"<40

That should get you started.

Drawing up a house with elevations is not a small task.

Actually I don't agree with the idea of being able to draw. I can't draw anything on paper, but I can make some pretty good detailed drawings with AutoCAD.

I am a Mechanical Engineer so I work with floor plans, not really auto design.

The keyboard shortcut I use the most for drawing is specifying line lengths and angle. If you you want to draw a 2.5 foot 40° line, then you use the line tool, click where you want to start it and enter in

@2'6"<40

That should get you started.

Drawing up a house with elevations is not a small task.

Actually I don't agree with the idea of being able to draw. I can't draw anything on paper, but I can make some pretty good detailed drawings with AutoCAD.
that's very nice, I can probably do the whole house with that

and I think he meant was I learned in mechanical drawing artistic skills

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back