August 2004 Desktop Screen Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all.
smile.gif

Sazar said:
btw whats that ftp thinger?
That's the FTP drop widget for AveDesk 1.1; it lets you create multiple profiles for various FTP servers. You can then just drag and drop a file onto the widget and it gets uploaded. Very convenient little thing. =)

NetRyder said:
Thanks all.
smile.gif

That's the FTP drop widget for AveDesk 1.1; it lets you create multiple profiles for various FTP servers. You can then just drag and drop a file onto the widget and it gets uploaded. Very convenient little thing. =)

kewl :D

might have to give it a go :)

minor edits...

running killer news and killer weather widgets for desktopX... have been trying it out and it looks pretty kewl :)

the news widget is completely and i can click any section (ie region specific news) and it pulls the correct rss feed and I can then click on any link to launch the news... very nice...

each widget has 3 states... solid, semi solid and pretty transparent... am using in the transparent state to blend in nicer...

still working on the start panel icons :(

Last edited:
Nice one Sazar. Yeah, I had the same problem with that theme. The startup menu icons looked ugly. That's why I didn't use it.

well i did mention to someone it wasnt going to last, i just dont like Windows anymore. I have spent to long away from it to even begin trying to like it.
This is what took its place, slackware 10 running gnome; using supplied gorilla them and icons with "the dog" wall from pixelgirlpresents.com. Running in the terminal is swaret currently upgrading samba. Gkrellm is using the "monkey lovers" theme made for gorilla. :)
currently only at 1024x768 but hopefully later i will be running 1280x1024

gone for another change again..

using uxtheme patcher with sp2 installed :)

wallpaper == cleaning up
style == postmod2
other apps == y'z toolbar (yazoo theme), objectdock (d3a big icons), iconpackager (d3a big pack), wmp9 (orbital theme), klipfolio

[edit]

updated later in thread...

looking nice bk and little moe. like the icons and walls a lot this month

edit : opps i was looking at just a certain page and didn't see the current one so sorry if i forgot to say good job on any one elses walls lol

My lame desktop. I need to find a program I like for making my desktop more visually stimulating. This is just my work machine so I'm on it a lot. I like the Uknown CPU type too. I think SP2 has issues with CPU types when they are overclocked.

Attachments

• 00.JPG
    00.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 133
My eyes!
wacko.gif

Don't you feel dizzy with that type of wall?

I'm with bk on this one...

that thing hurts my eyes w/o even maximising :(

Ahh! Just to add to the complaints :p

But seriously, I think you are going to ruin your vision if you don't get a wall that doesn't screw up your eyes.

What? So I can read all of your whiny posts? Just kidding guys.

No problems here. It's actually from the movie "The Recruit" At the beginning. I took a screenshot of the pre-menu animations and that's what came out.

But like I said, I'm looking for some good programs to use that are effective, don't use a ton of memory and lag up the computer, and are actually useful.

I use a lot of memory intensive programs like Quickpar, Newsbin Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and other Adobe products. Plus leaving Trillian, sometimes AIM, Outlook Express and some other things running doesn't help.

My computer if anyone has any suggestions is:
AMD Athlon XP 2500 Barton at 2.0ghrz with 333FSB
1024GB ram
WD 120GB 8mb cache drive
Ati Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB (only my work machine)
and Windows XP Pro SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back