ATI Radeon 7500 card

riscy

OSNN Addict
Having a prob here with the VGA card - had to reinstall Win Xp Pro and now the VGA card is not recognised.

I have looked on google and seen that quite a few people have had a similar message, but there have not been any suggestions for fixing it.

I have downloaded the 25MB Catalyst from ATI but it will not install and tells me to install a standard windows VGA driver.
In control panel I get the message that the VGA controller has no drivers loaded - when I try to install the ATI download I get the error message

video driver not found

How can I do that please - ie install a standard windows driver?? I have uninstalled/reinstalled the VGA card through the control panel but had no joy - is there a problem with the card do you think?

I have stuck the XP disc in hoping it would find it there but no joy

Thanks in advance

Riscy

this is the same problem another member had.. I believe it was gballard..
what he did was rollback to a previous install and the problems went away... unfortunately you can't do that though...

I will have a look-see since this appears to be a new-ish problem...

in the interim check out www.rage3d.com for any more information concerning this..

thx sazar

will check that site and let you know the result.

Cheers

Riscy

Sorted it - went through Device Manager and then through all the ATI stuff and pointed to the driver on the HD I had downloaded from ati.com.

Plain sailing from there on, then the control panel etc installed after that.

Thanks for the advice.

Riscy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back