Ati Drivers?

just videos in media player clasic and power dvd

Mastershakes said:
It occurs when you engage any video, or right away at logon ?
What I meant, and I may have worded it wrong, is that the video problem occurs when he opens certain video programs. I believe he mentioned that WMP is not effected. That is why I thought it wasn't codecs...

Open up Catalyst control and go to video settings -> deinterlacing and change it until no lines are visible

/shakes crosses fingers

um i didnt install the catalyst control panel, but i had it before, and it was still giving me slow performance with the simple screen savers

Looks like what happened when I OC'd the RAM too much (heat) on my X800.

Cleaned you lappie lately? Are you OC'ing? Changing memory timings?>

Why it doesn't happen with some video players and with others it does is video acceleration.

Some videos use hardware acceleration and in this case the card will begin to heat. The issues look like tell-tale signs of video overheating. Depending on the age of the product and the warranty, I would see about getting a replacement or some additional tech support from the manufacturer.

Could be the video RAM that's borked - some ATI threads I've been perusing say that some cards have a manufacturing defect - need to be RMAed.

not doin anything abnormal no overclocking of any sort, not even doing any gaming, they recently change my mobo and hdd (acer)

god! i just got it back from them, they cant ****ing fix a damn pc? this will be like for 4th time i send it in

It's all your fault. ;)

Sucks, it's like they gave you a dud, and refuse to just give you a brand new one.

themafia.69 said:
god! i just got it back from them, they cant ****ing fix a damn pc? this will be like for 4th time i send it in
Warranty is warranty. If I had a dollar for each time I bought a part that was DOA or defective right out of the box, I'd be rich like EP :p

Mastershakes said:
It's all your fault. ;)

Sucks, it's like they gave you a dud, and refuse to just give you a brand new one.
well i do have a 3 year upgraded warranty so im ganna make use of it, its sooo stupid they say the most we can give u is a refurbished, which i would not settle for

no clue, probably does, ill have to check it, but they always screw you huh?

You can screw them back with that warranty. I've done it to Bell, Videotron and the monopolist bastards Hydro Quebec lots.

Don't like the answers they give you? Hang up, call back. Eventually a noob agent will crumble and give you exactly what you want. I make a day out of it, complete with beer and other substances.

umm, yeah im always aggresive with them if i dont get what i want, but they are just plain bastards, anyways ill stop spaming this thread and see what happens from there

I guess you get what you pay for :)

Acer is currently getting market share by being ridiculously aggresive on pricing, naturally they will cut corners somewhere to make margins.

Hope it doesn't affect you.

well it shouldnt when its a laptop that almost costs 3000 dollars

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back