Asuse Rampage Extreme II Mobo - Simply Amazing !

I am kinda thinking that motherboard is better than the skulltrail .. The more I look at it the more I want it ! :)

uh cos its power for the CPU? Wouldn't want it in the refridgerator now would you?

I prefer gigabyte personally :). Foxconn x58 board has a great layout and has four pci-ex 16 slots.

Yeah, Foxconn are pretty good as well.

foxconn is the largest manufacture of just about everything on mainboards these days :)

Try and find a board that doesn't have something saying foxconn on it :p

they also build all of the apple and dell kit :)

i did notice one thing, which suprised me and thats that the new lga1366 cpus need 130w's now whereas the old lga775's mainly use 95w's, what gives. I thought the new designs where supposed to be more power and heat friendly.

Is there much of a speed difference?

core i7 is the fastest single chip processor on the planet right now by a very signifiant margin.

The extra maximum power doesn't surprise me. What the chip can do though is turn off the parts not in use as needed to conserve power.

thats cool, when i move out to LA, i plan on building myself another machine, have not used a PC this yr at all.

Got the Asus Rampage Formula here, only DDR2 but has served me well so far.

I would love to upgrade my desktop but I hardly use it so it's not worth it. My ASUS Crosshair and AMD Athlon X2 5400+ are more then enough for now.

The video may be upgraded since I have a SLI'd setup of BGF GeForce 7600s. May just get a better single card. SLI isn't really worth it IMO.

that does suck

are u sure its not a 32 bit limitation?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back