Asuse Rampage Extreme II Mobo - Simply Amazing !

rotjong

OSNN Senior Addict
I'm happy with my current system but that motherboard definitely makes me want one.

It seems from reading elsewhere that the Nehalem (i7) processors may have a TLB bug. When this happened with the AMD Phenom it delayed release and hurt sales. With how great the i7 looks to be this is sad to see.

drz01

Weekend DJ
I'm happy with my current system but that motherboard definitely makes me want one.

It seems from reading elsewhere that the Nehalem (i7) processors may have a TLB bug. When this happened with the AMD Phenom it delayed release and hurt sales. With how great the i7 looks to be this is sad to see.
Intel Comfirmed it read it here...
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10707&Itemid=1
http://download.intel.com/design/processor/specupdt/320836.pdf

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
I did some pricing with this board and you are looking at a minum of around $1500.00 usd just for the board and processor. When you add everything else, you are looking around 5,000.00 easy. Crazy, just crazy ...

the advantage Intel has over AMD is that Intel can completely re-write the cpu instruction set with a bios patch to remove the issue on current chips - newer revision hardware will provide a permanent fix.

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Johnny: $1,500 minimum? yeah... if you're looking at a high end board like the Rampage Extreme 2, and the Core i7 Extreme 965 or whatever it's called. If you get a Core i7 920 or 940, it's nowhere near as much of a stab in the chest.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Johnny: $1,500 minimum? yeah... if you're looking at a high end board like the Rampage Extreme 2, and the Core i7 Extreme 965 or whatever it's called. If you get a Core i7 920 or 940, it's nowhere near as much of a stab in the chest.
I was going by the logic that if you are going to get a board like that, then, you are going to max it out.

synical33

X2 & Lovin' It
I was going by the logic that if you are going to get a board like that, then, you are going to max it out.
Hey now Johhny! I was planning on getting this board with the mid-class i7 but money is going to be tight this month so I will have to wait another two months or so. The i7 Extreme Edition is complete insanity to pay for!!! This board makes me drool.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
This board is just crazy. It makes me glad that I am waiting to build my next system.

What gets me most is the 12 gig ddr3, both SLI & Crossfire ready, and it is x58!

this board is put together so nice it's a shame it can't be the face board of the case

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
yeah.... the big bright red START button kinda made me giggle. And.... i do agree that it's nicely built..... but GOD do i SERIOUSLY wish manufacturers could find a better place to put that damn 4+4-pin CPU power connector. why the hell does it always HAVE to be up at the utmost top end of the board.... where if you're using a top-mounted PSU it's a pain to connect, and damn near impossible to disconnect while the PSU is in the case. And if you use a bottom-mounted PSU.... 9 times out of 10, that cable has to run across the top of your hardware, since the cables tend to not be long enough to be routed along the back

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut