Apple just pissed the **** out of me (Waste 10 min of time!)

Re: Apple just pissed the **** out of me

I wasn't going to chime in on this one because there's already been plenty of good responses ... but I'm going to anyway. :p

When I buy a pack of gum, I don't know how much the tax is until it has been rung up at the register. I can guess what the tax will be based on the price and what I know the tax rate to be in my state, but still, I don't know the total until I'm checking out.

How is the situation with Apple any different? You should know that you will be charged tax for the purchase. You should know that tax rate where you live. I don't understand the accusation that Apple is being "sneaky" with this. Sorry, but I'm not seeing a problem here.

thats the thing, whenever i buy stuff online I am told if i will be charged taxes before. Plain and simple not hard to get around. in apples case i was told after i purchased the item, however when i go to buy a pack of gum, i buy it in a physical store, and i know ill pay tax, and tax on a piece of gum will be too little to even care, but when tax alone is 60-70 dollars that makes a difference. so apple didnt let me know before hand that i will be charged, thats what i thought the advantage of going online and buying it from there, why dont i just go to the apple store down town, save my self the shipping that i payed, and have it in my hands instantly? thats what i dont get, every time i bought something online i was told before hand that there would be taxes (if there were any)

I often have to look in Customer Support when purchasing online to see what the tax details are. It's different shopping online because you aren't necessarily making a purchase from inside your state. It's ultimately your reponsibility to find out the details before making a purchase.

http://www.apple.com/support/store/shop/taxquestions.html

or they could just note it on the ipod page that taxes may be applicable, but they arent doing it because they want to make more sales, and in the end they are required by law to do so, so in the end i cant do anything back to them except complain, which i did, so they win either way, thats why they dont put the info on the product page

Fair enough. It's not unreasonable to ask that they mention applicable tax -- but I don't think they are leaving it off to increase sales.

Seems like a logical reason to NOT put the information though....
in order to increase sales that is....

Die thread, die.

:p

Urmm, this thread has really pissed me off, it didnt say anywhere at the beginning that it was going to ruthlessly waste at least 10 minutes or more of my precious time.
I want this information added to the thread title!!!

*may be a joke§
§probably is a joke

Geffy said:
Urmm, this thread has really pissed me off, it didnt say anywhere at the beginning that it was going to ruthlessly waste at least 10 minutes or more of my precious time.

*may be a joke§
§probably is a joke
Haha! Good one. :D

Geffy said:

*may be a joke§
§probably is a joke
then dont read it

Geffy said:

*may be a joke§
§probably is a joke

Done :p

wow, just to let you guys, know, the new iPod video doesnt come with a charger, the bastards expect you to charge via usb, so you have to go out and buy the charger at an extra 30 american, but they did get the iPod here really fast so that was cool

themafia.69 said:
wow, just to let you guys, know, the new iPod video doesnt come with a charger, the bastards expect you to charge via usb, so you have to go out and buy the charger at an extra 30 american, but they did get the iPod here really fast so that was cool

Ehm, this as well has been a known fact for a long time.

Don't buy one if it is that important. It'll force Apple to include one. That's how the market works...

Dear god... *shakes head*

Charger's haven't been included for quite some time now. If I re-call, the mini's didn't even include them (Though I may possibly be mistaken)?

Seriously, if you just did a bit of reading you'd know that taxes exist and that iPods don't come with wall chargers. If all you want to do is bitch and moan about it, go start a LiveJournal. :p

themafia.69 said:

Shady.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back