App located off screen

X-Istence

Political Access
I have an app called Ventrilo that I use to talk to my friends. Normally it sits on my second screen.

When I close the program, and then start it up while there are no other screens available, it will be off screen, and I can't seem to find a way to move it back to the main screen (only one screen, no external screen).

Is there a way to "collect windows", so that they are all on the main screen again?

In the processes > Right Click and bring to front?

Change the res so see if that helps?

Reinstall the app?

does windows think there is a second screen? check display properties > settings tab. it shouldn't be able to open windows on screen area that doesn't exist.

you can also try to right-click on the task bar > cascade windows.

In the processes > Right Click and bring to front?

Change the res so see if that helps?

Reinstall the app?

That does not help.

That will bring it the front (as in, it is the current active app), but that won't help bring it to the main screen.

Not sure. I guess you've tried Expose?

oh well someone please ban me.
Tempting...

Anyhoo, the problem in hand.

Is there a "Zoom" option under the Window menu? In theory that should help. Alternatively, you can try deleting the .plist file, which is a huge pain in the arse as it will reset all your preferences, though it should also reset the window position. :)

Tempting...

Anyhoo, the problem in hand.

Is there a "Zoom" option under the Window menu? In theory that should help. Alternatively, you can try deleting the .plist file, which is a huge pain in the arse as it will reset all your preferences, though it should also reset the window position. :)

Yeah, that is exactly what I don't want to do. The zoom option works, however since the App seems to be dual screen unaware, it will Zoom it in such a way that I can't grab any of the side bars to then resize it.

Rename plist, relaunch, move to nice place, quit, restore plist, launch?

Surely restoring the old .plist would put it back off-screen.

Once the app has been zoomed, is it not possible to move it at all? You should be able to move it so far left that you can grab the re-size corner, re-size the window, then re-drag it right?

Surely restoring the old .plist would put it back off-screen.

Once the app has been zoomed, is it not possible to move it at all? You should be able to move it so far left that you can grab the re-size corner, re-size the window, then re-drag it right?

No, teh app is geh. I have just started leaving it on the main display instead of dragging it onto a secondary display. Now I don't have the problem anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back