• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

App located off screen

X-Istence

Political User
I have an app called Ventrilo that I use to talk to my friends. Normally it sits on my second screen.

When I close the program, and then start it up while there are no other screens available, it will be off screen, and I can't seem to find a way to move it back to the main screen (only one screen, no external screen).

Is there a way to "collect windows", so that they are all on the main screen again?

Taurus

hardware monkey
does windows think there is a second screen? check display properties > settings tab. it shouldn't be able to open windows on screen area that doesn't exist.

you can also try to right-click on the task bar > cascade windows.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
oh well someone please ban me.
Tempting...

Anyhoo, the problem in hand.

Is there a "Zoom" option under the Window menu? In theory that should help. Alternatively, you can try deleting the .plist file, which is a huge pain in the arse as it will reset all your preferences, though it should also reset the window position. :)

X-Istence

Political User
Tempting...

Anyhoo, the problem in hand.

Is there a "Zoom" option under the Window menu? In theory that should help. Alternatively, you can try deleting the .plist file, which is a huge pain in the arse as it will reset all your preferences, though it should also reset the window position. :)
Yeah, that is exactly what I don't want to do. The zoom option works, however since the App seems to be dual screen unaware, it will Zoom it in such a way that I can't grab any of the side bars to then resize it.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Surely restoring the old .plist would put it back off-screen.

Once the app has been zoomed, is it not possible to move it at all? You should be able to move it so far left that you can grab the re-size corner, re-size the window, then re-drag it right?

X-Istence

Political User
Surely restoring the old .plist would put it back off-screen.

Once the app has been zoomed, is it not possible to move it at all? You should be able to move it so far left that you can grab the re-size corner, re-size the window, then re-drag it right?
No, teh app is geh. I have just started leaving it on the main display instead of dragging it onto a secondary display. Now I don't have the problem anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown