• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone Beta testing Longhorn?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

Although I do not have a copy of this OS, I was reading that the DRM - Digital Rights Mangement just might intergrated into the Longhorn OS. I was wondering, does the Beta have that feature, but it is just disabled (Because of the hardware)? Is the beta version, version 4015 I think, pretty stable so far?

Anyone know where I can apply to be a beta tester for the next Release Candidate? I searched MS but did not find the site.

Thanks in advance

Heeter

As cpugenius pointed out, the current Longhorn builds that have leaked are internal alphas, not public betas.

Microsoft will have a site up when they release a beta of Longhorn, and if they offer a public beta/preview program, I'll be sure to sign up ;)

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Can't wait myself, Netryder.

I got to become a beta tester for 2003server, and my Beta version is still good until October when the validation key expires.
I haven't heard much about the Longhorn, but another site says that official beta signup and testing will be announced at the Microsoft PDC2003 at the end of October.

Heeter

M

Madtripper

I started to install it and it still has XP flashscreens. I have a 450 box that may handle it to play. I'll let you know if I decide to go for it but as it stands now, running full release M$ products is a challenge so I'm sure an Alpha would be nothing short of setting up a Beowulf cluster.

Tripper

Originally posted by Heeter
Can't wait myself, Netryder.

I got to become a beta tester for 2003server, and my Beta version is still good until October when the validation key expires.
I haven't heard much about the Longhorn, but another site says that official beta signup and testing will be announced at the Microsoft PDC2003 at the end of October.

Heeter
I still have the Server 2003 Enterprise Trial CD. Haven't given it a shot as yet.
About the LH beta being announced in October: I read about it too. Just hoping it isn't another rumor. :)

K

kjrnec

Longhorn Beta 4008

No DRM in the version I'm using. But WinFS causes system instability and CPU resource to run at 100%. I had to uninstall WinFS and some other new features. But what else can you expect running Alpha version software. It's a whole lot better than XP Home Edition but not convinced if it's better than professional. By the way I'm running it on Pentium 1.0 Ghz 256MB Ram Compaq Presario.

Z

ZAnwar

Originally posted by NetRyder
I still have the Server 2003 Enterprise Trial CD. Haven't given it a shot as yet.
About the LH beta being announced in October: I read about it too. Just hoping it isn't another rumor. :)
Nope, at the PDC'03, they will be showing a developers edition of Longhorn, still it would be much further in progress than build 4015. Actual beta will start in mid 2004, around March I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown