Anyone Beta testing Longhorn?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

Although I do not have a copy of this OS, I was reading that the DRM - Digital Rights Mangement just might intergrated into the Longhorn OS. I was wondering, does the Beta have that feature, but it is just disabled (Because of the hardware)? Is the beta version, version 4015 I think, pretty stable so far?

Anyone know where I can apply to be a beta tester for the next Release Candidate? I searched MS but did not find the site.

Thanks in advance

Heeter

there is no beta, it's an alpha.

i have not yet used it, and as always in MSFT products, DRM is optional if you know how to turn it off.

As cpugenius pointed out, the current Longhorn builds that have leaked are internal alphas, not public betas.

Microsoft will have a site up when they release a beta of Longhorn, and if they offer a public beta/preview program, I'll be sure to sign up ;)

Can't wait myself, Netryder.

I got to become a beta tester for 2003server, and my Beta version is still good until October when the validation key expires.
I haven't heard much about the Longhorn, but another site says that official beta signup and testing will be announced at the Microsoft PDC2003 at the end of October.

Heeter

I started to install it and it still has XP flashscreens. I have a 450 box that may handle it to play. I'll let you know if I decide to go for it but as it stands now, running full release M$ products is a challenge so I'm sure an Alpha would be nothing short of setting up a Beowulf cluster.

Tripper

Originally posted by Heeter
Can't wait myself, Netryder.

I got to become a beta tester for 2003server, and my Beta version is still good until October when the validation key expires.
I haven't heard much about the Longhorn, but another site says that official beta signup and testing will be announced at the Microsoft PDC2003 at the end of October.

Heeter

I still have the Server 2003 Enterprise Trial CD. Haven't given it a shot as yet.
About the LH beta being announced in October: I read about it too. Just hoping it isn't another rumor. :)

Longhorn Beta 4008

No DRM in the version I'm using. But WinFS causes system instability and CPU resource to run at 100%. I had to uninstall WinFS and some other new features. But what else can you expect running Alpha version software. It's a whole lot better than XP Home Edition but not convinced if it's better than professional. By the way I'm running it on Pentium 1.0 Ghz 256MB Ram Compaq Presario.

Originally posted by NetRyder
I still have the Server 2003 Enterprise Trial CD. Haven't given it a shot as yet.
About the LH beta being announced in October: I read about it too. Just hoping it isn't another rumor. :)

Nope, at the PDC'03, they will be showing a developers edition of Longhorn, still it would be much further in progress than build 4015. Actual beta will start in mid 2004, around March I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back