Annoying Prompt

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
Since this is a security prompt I'd thought I would be best to post it here.

I have a simple question:

Does anyone know how to disable this completely:

It's driving me nuts.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Just to be clear you want to disable confirmation for running .exe files? It is not enough to remove the tick for each type of file as you come across them - you simply want to "click and go" on any .exe file, is that right?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
well - now I have come across a useful find - M$ policy settings file can be had here whether or not that can help you - I am not sure! I'll leave it for someone else to have the next crack - maybe someone has done this, it would seem a regular enough tweak and I am sure I saw it in a magazine once - but not so sure I could find that page again!

yalooze

OSNN Addict
Found the following from: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21743383.html

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Attachment Manager

Set Default risk level for file attachments to "Low Risk".
Set Inclusion List for low file types to ".exe;.vbs".

If the .exe or .vbs files are located on network drives, you'll have to set other options. Open Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Local Intranet -> Sites -> Advanced -> Add the IP Address of the server which has the network share. Reboot your machine.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut